People definitely talk too much about the Euro 2016. Here are 10 reasons South America's continental competition is far more enjoyable than the European equivalent.
Honestly, Copa America is much better than the Euro because...
1. People can’t stop comparing Lavezzi to Maradona
God comes alive again. With a broken elbow.
2. there are More goals
After 24 games, the Copa Centenario was averaging 2.87 goals per game. Euro 2016, after 14 games, was averaging 1.92
3. Best teams are from american continent
FIFA World Rankings Top 10 teams represent nearly one third of the Copa field but only a fifth of the Euro lineup. Moreover, only four teams at Euro 2016 reached the round of 16 at the last World Cup.
4. Best fans are from american continent
¡Viva America Latina!
5. Best commentaries ever are from american continent
This will never change.
Maxime H. - 06/22/2016
6. English hooligans don't come to america
French people really get tired of Hooligans' stupidities. And we understand why.
7. It doesn’t take over your life
26 games in the Copa vs 51 games in the Euro. Enough said.
8. South American football always keeps you on your toes
The scheduling of the Euros is horribly predictable: every four years. It never changes. Copas do. 2011, 2015, 2016, 2019.
9. Leo Messi
5 goals. 4 assists. Decisive every 28 minuts.
10. Because it’s in the US
You said France?